24 May Seven BIG Ways to Support the Campaign
By now you should have heard that the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) is leading a Tourism Education and Awareness Campaign (#TEAC2018), and we are pleased to share OUR BIG SEVEN ways to get involved, where you can:
- Regularly visit and share the campaign hub, www.ourtourism.onecaribbean.org, widely across your network;
- Like, share, and comment on our weekly Social Media content. Find us on Facebook: @CaribbeanTourismOrganization, Twitter:@ctotourism, Instagram: @ctotourism and LinkedIn: Caribbean Tourism Organization;
- Tune in to CaribVision Television on the 1stWednesday of each month during the campaign period, for special video features directly after the 6:30pm news;
- Encourage your stakeholders, whether public or private sector entities, to film and contribute short knowledge videos which will be housed here: http://ourtourism.onecaribbean.org/partner-up/your-take/. As much as possible we want to highlight “YOUR TAKE” with contributions that address sustainability issues in Caribbean tourism, especially building climate resilience and disaster risk reduction strategies. This is the perfect place to share best practices in action across the region, from public and private sector entities, including non-profit and non-governmental organisations.
- On a national level CTO’s member destinations can submit short videos that promote their tourism products and unique visitor experiences, for inclusion on our “Destination Discovery” page found here: http://ourtourism.onecaribbean.org/destination-discovery/;
- If you, your colleagues, or your organization prefer to submit written contributions on programming related to sustainability, climate resilience or disaster risk reduction in the Caribbean Tourism industry then you can submit entries to our blog found here http://ourtourism.onecaribbean.org/blog/
- Every month we will post a new “Tourism Action Challenge” to highlight just how easy it is to take responsible action for sustainable tourism development. Feel free to comment on the monthly social media challenges by sharing photos and videos of you answering our call. Who knows, you just may be featured on the campaign hub found here: http://ourtourism.onecaribbean.org/partner-up/tourism-action-challenge/.
The Tourism Education and Awareness Campaign (TEAC) is one component of the Supporting a Climate Smart and Sustainable Caribbean Tourism Industry Project funded through the African Caribbean Pacific, European Union, Caribbean Development Bank, Natural Disaster Risk Management (ACP-EU-CDB NDRM) in CARIFORUM Countries Programme being implemented by the CDB.
The campaign will run from May to November 2018 and we look forward to your support across Social Media and CaribVision television.